Preparation Time: 130 Minutes
2 tbsp. Sunflower Oil
1 Onion, finely chopped
2 Cloves Garlic, finely chopped
150 ml Hela Curry Spice Ketchup extra hot
3-4 tbsp. Cider Vinegar
1 tsp. Worcester Sauce
2 tbsp. Liquid Honey
1 tbsp. Hela Delicacy Mustard
1 tsp Hela Ground Sweet Paprika
8 Chicken Legs or Thighs
- Heat the oil in a small pan. Fry the onion for 5 minutes over medium heat until it is soft but not browned. Add the garlic and fry for another minute.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the chicken, add 150 ml water and mix thoroughly until the honey dissolves. Bring to the boil, then cook over low heat without lid for 15-20 minutes until the sauce thickens. Allow to cool.
- Cut the chicken legs two or three times at the thickest point on each side with a knife. Put the chicken legs in a freezer bag and pour the cooled barbecue sauce over them. Close the bag and shake gently so that the legs are completely covered with the sauce.
- Put in the fridge for at least 1 hour, preferably overnight.
- Heat up the grill. Grill the legs over medium heat for about 30 minutes, turning regularly and covering with the rest of the marinade. At the points where the meat has been cut, it gapes slightly so that it is cooked evenly and the sauce is well distributed everywhere. The poultry is cooked when clear juice escapes at the thickest point when pierced with a pointed knife.
Served with coleslaw (see recipe) and fresh white bread